Monday, April 7, 2008

Tell Me How You Do It

Who looks back at you when you stare into the mirror?
Do you recognize evil or are you just numb to your own horror?
How can you take innocence and twist it, crush it, spoil it?
What makes you think a child can be your personal human toilet?
How do you take your own precious daughter’s virginity,
Then tell her mother (your wife,) “There are 2 sides to every story”?
How do you (with a straight face,) tell your child Daddy loves her
When you know damn well all you want to do is fuck her?
How do you stalk her, harass her, and lie in wait
Using money, lies, and promises as bait?
How do you walk down the street and feel no shame
When you're fucking your own daughter, like it’s a game?
How do you sleep at night knowing that her belly aches,
Her body is sore and her little heart breaks?
Don't you think it's sick to deflower your own daughter?
Tell me, how do you do it? How do you call yourself a father?


I wrote that poem last year for SAAM. There are absolutely no words to express how privileged I feel to be loved as strongly, trusted as completely, let in as deeply as how Ali loves me, trusts me and let’s me in. The photo above was taken on my first trip to Jamaica. While Ali and I were together I was very surprised to see her crying. I mean we were having the most wonderful time in the world and there she was crying. I asked what was wrong and without looking at me she just said in that soft voice of hers. “I know you’re not leaving until tomorrow, but I miss you already.”


Peace and Love,

Alizé (LoversA.blogspot.com)

Text and Photo: Copyright © 2008 Xavier Pierre Jr. All rights reserved.

13 comments:

Jayn Sean said...

A man who does that sort of thing to a person he calls his own daughter is no man at all.

A very touching poem.

How are you?

Sharon shares said...

This was almost too painful to read. Any individual who would do such a thing is not a parent...that individual would not even qualify as human.

As always, thanks for being a shining example of what fathers should be and for standing up for daughters everywhere including your own.

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Xavier,

Although this is my story, I, like Sharon, found it almost too hard to read. It cuts me to my core. This piece is necessary. We must raise the ugliness of this. It is still hushed away behind closed doors and buried deep in family closets. It is an ugly peice of work, but it's real beauty is in the telling. The telling of the shame that so many wear day in and day out.

You take my breath away! Ali is amazing to share with you such a transforming and healing love. The power of its strength carries all the way over to me. I am renewed!

Kai said...

this poem is breathtaking....so true!

your love for ali, there are no more words to describe of what i see......

:) when i read your message about your photo of her, it touched my heart. you're truly my inspiraton!

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

Alize' you are beautiful!

angelia

Chari said...

Nice poem.

dejanae said...

poignant

Xave said...

Thank you all for your support!

@JayBabe: My sentiments exactly. The problem is that no matter what you or I may think or feel, it’s what the victim thinks and feels that matters. What makes this type of abuse worse than any other is that it exploit the special bond between a father and a daughter. I can’t think of a greater betrayal.
At times I feel helpless as do my best to support victims who have yet to break their shackles. Of necessity, they do all the work. I’m a bit frustrated, but progress is being made. Thank you so much for asking about me.

@Sharon: [sigh] the worst part about writing that poem is that I wrote it about someone I love deeply. The hardest part about reading it, is that over a year after I wrote it, they are still not completely out of that situation. THAT wrenches my heart.

@Love: I did not yet know you when I wrote this poem a year ago, but do I even need to tell you that I thought of you when I posted it? So much more I could say, but not here.

@Kai: Thank you my dear. That means a lot to me.

@Angelia: Well, I’m just a man doing my best to right wrongs. But I do see beauty in the love that fills my heart. It’s not born of me, it is Agape Love of God.

@Mystery: I know what you mean and I thank you, but I’ll be honest, I HATE that poem, I hate that I ever had to write, I hate that others need to read it, but most of all, I hate that some are forced to live it :-(

@Dejanae: I still get a lump in my throat...

brandistone said...

stopping by to visit your blog. thanks for visitng mine. good luck with your book!

--brandistone

www.brandistone.com

Xave said...

@Brandi: On behalf of all of us at Bloggers’ Delight, Thank you! :-)

Peace and Love,

Alizé (LoversA.blogspot.com)

BloggersDelight said...

Thank you, Dear Mr. Pierre for your thought provoking, heart-wrenching poetry - as well, as for being a Delight-ful diplomat.

Unknown said...

I can feel her pain
and that picture
OMG is so sad
Any man that violates any female
is a beast

Thank you for raising the awareness
We have to put a stop to this issue

Xave said...

@BD: I'm extremely honored to be a part of what you guys are doing here :)

@Olamild: Thank you for your support.

Peace and Love,

Alizé (LoversA.blogspot.com)