Thursday, February 7, 2008

*Touch*

*Touch*
Touch me
I wont know without that tactile motion.
Touch me
Knead this flesh; create a commotion.

Touch me
None will know of your charity
Touch me
Just this once, this one rarity

Touch me
My teeth grind and my insides quake
Touch me
The earth will move; our souls will shake

Touch me
Just a taste of blackberry tips
Touch me
Angry digits dig into too full hips

Touch me
Coat this soul with victory’s toast
Touch me
Strike me; I crave discipline most

Touch me
Hold too tightly; force your will
Touch me
Pick me clean; eat your fill

Touch me
Every inch of you a discovery
Touch me
Your taste alone negates recovery

Touch me
Tear out my throat, gnash at my thighs
Touch me
Barrel right through me; ignore my cries

Touch me
Empty the vessel, strip flesh from bone
Touch me
Left as I was, as I am, rightly, alone

11 comments:

Xave said...

I like the tone!

I don't know you but my poem ("To My Special Friend") together with your poem, would make an interesting "His Story / Her Story"

Peace and Love,

Alizé (LoversA.blogspot.com)

Thirty + said...

First time here, lovely poem

Mizrepresent said...

snap- snap! That was on point lady!

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

I have been touched!

Smooches,
angelia

CapCity said...

Quite ...touching! (Corny, but I couldn't RESIST;-). But for real, Femi - that was NICE!!

BloggersDelight said...

Femigog - This is a beautiful piece.

Anonymous said...

Femi, you already know I'm a fan. This was intense to be sure. Questions, questions, questions...

Sharon shares said...

I love the slow build of this piece to its sad, empty climax. It chronicles so well how empty one can feel after having so recently felt so "full".

Touch me
Empty the vessel, strip flesh from bone
Touch me
Left as I was, as I am, rightly, alone


Excellent in the way you elicit the emotion of such situations, demonstrating so plainly how ultimately that which we "wish" for can be so detrimental to us.

Brilliant and emotionally eloquent.

BloggersDelight said...

Thank you for participating in our first Annual Readers' Choice Award. Good luck & Congratulations!

Don said...

Hot, femigog.

Rich Fitzgerald said...

I must admit, I hadn't read this in it's entirety until I saw the voting and so I had to check it out.

This is nnnnice!

I have a bad habit of discarding something that doesn't grab me instantaneously, but it's like Sharon said, it builds and then it gets raw and then...
it's over.

Great job. Heck, I'm voting for it now.