Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Love: Q&A

I want to thank Bloggers’ Delight for the invite.

And a very special thank you for featuring the sound track of my life as the musical background on which to cast my words. This blog has the absolute best musical selection and I’ve taken to leaving my browser parked here just so I can relive my life, my youth, my struggle to find myself, and my search for creative freedom. It wasn’t all good, but it was far from all bad. And in the end, I've found the best thing of all: True Love.

Love: Q&A

How does a man like me
Make a woman like you see
Truth in the love I offer freely
Beyond the pleasure I give easily
That satisfies you so completely
Yet leaves you doubting my sincerity
When I tell you you're the only one for me?
Honesty? You knows my history
The broken hearts I tossed aside so carelessly
The failed attempts at matrimony
And let’s not forget the notoriety
That comes from a past of dependency

How do I prove I’ve found my way
That I’m telling you the truth and it’s OK
To trust me to do right day after day
No matter what other people say?
I know they say a player’s gonna play
But I played and lost and had to pay
After learning my lesson the hard way
That a woman’s heart isn’t made of clay
Not something I can break and throw away
So I promise to be yours and never stray
And make a vow to cherish you every day
I’m telling you I’m here to stay, oh-kay

How do I make you feel it’s true
When I whisper in your ear “Baby I love you”
And tell you there’s nothing I wouldn’t do
To make you happy as my boo
And make a life for just us two?
How do I make those words sound new?
Perhaps God’s love provides a clue
For only He could carry me through
By coming to my spiritual rescue
To make me pure as morning dew
And put me on a mountaintop to view
What life can be for me and you.



Peace and Love,

Ali’s Zay

Original poem and photo Copyright © 2008 Xavier Pierre Jr. All rights reserved.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful...

Blu Jewel said...

wow! that's such a touching poem. Ali is so very fortunate; as are you for her.

nikki said...

loves it!

CapCity said...

That is DEEP and the photo quite tasteful! I am glad you're here, Brother Zay!
This piece does make me wonder if the price a player must really pay once he finds HIM or HERSELF in REAL love ... is eternally proving themselves... just wondering.

Mz.Bria2U said...

beautiful...i hope to be as fortunate and find a love as mutual, pure, authentic, spiritual & soulful. :)

Mizrepresent said...

Very touching...so glad you decided to drop it on us. These are the words a woman wants to hear...i found myself wishing the speaker was speaking to me, and thinking that he/you was...so very very touching.

Anonymous said...

I've never read something as beautiful as this.. If I have to wait patiently to hear a man tell me such words so be it...

Xave said...

@Nameless: Thank you

@Blu: Fortunate and blessed. But I made you a promise and I intend to keep it. {{{{{Blu}}}}}

@Nikki: Coming from one of my all-time favorites that means a lot. Thanks!

@Capcity: Thanks for the compliments my brother, they mean a lot. I am very lucky to be with that one woman who is as obsesse with my hapiness as I am with hers. She is my love teacher and every day she takes me to new heights. When it's like that, there's nothing to prove. But for this poem, I had to go back in time and relive some old feeling. In fact, the first and last stanza were written over a year and a half ago and I added the middle stanza yesterday to make it a publication worthy of this forum.

@IVent: That is my prayer for all my sisters!

@MizR: You got me grining like a damn fool over here! LOL Thank you.

@Koffee: I'm humbled by your comment. Be the best YOU you can be and trust Him to send him. You will be found when you are ready. But even if you are ready, know that He will not send your mate until he has been prepared for your unique needs :-)

To all: I couldn't have asked for a warmer welcome. Thank you all so much.

Peace and Love,

Ali's Zay (LoversA.blogspot.com)

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

It warms my heart to read a man's poem on longing and needing. We so rarely get to see men share their heart so freely. This is a lovely poem.

Chari said...

Niiiiiiice. :)

CapCity said...

Why does everyone think I'm male? Do I have masculine looking eyes? Hmmm - may have to change my profile image...

Well - anyway, Zay - u & Ali r a blessed couple. Best 2 ya!

Anonymous said...

Well it's about time the prince of blog world showed up. Welcome to the party! Great piece!

Xave said...

@LoveBabz: Hearfelt thanks.

@Mystery: :-)

@Capcity: Haminah, haminah, haminah, Well what happened is... :-|
Oh hell, I admit it, I f-ed up. Please accept my sincerest apologies. You seem like an awesome lady. My prayer is that 10 years from now we are such good friends that you are teasing me about this misunderstanding.

@S-G: Dude, how you gonna put the spotlight on me like that? LOL But seriously, I got them all warmed up for you boss, so come take this mic. HEAR YE, HEAR YE, Sir G has arrived! :-D

Peace and Love,

Ali's Zay (LoversA.blogspot.com)

Mizrepresent said...

lol@capcity...too funny! Manly eyes, lol!

CapCity said...

No worries...Zay ...u weren't the first to do it...it was time for a change anyHOO;-). It WOULD be awesome to have a reunion of bloggers in ten years in REAL life where we can laugh about aLOT of this ISH here in the blog-o-sphere!

and stop laffin' at me, Miz. u know how sensitive i am...NOT! LOL!

BloggersDelight said...

Thank You Ali's Zay for the enthusiastic talent you have brought to our corner of the blog-world.

clnmike said...

That was serious right there. There is a lot of talent coming through here.