Thursday, October 25, 2007

You are Invited

We are producing a book of short stories and poems written by several bloggers. It will be published in December 2007. This is an opportunity to increase your visibility and exposure. If interested, please submit a short piece: maximum length 800 words. Inclusion of your real name or personal information is optional. Your blog URL is required. It can also be a previously posted selection. It must fit into the theme(s) of Love and Redemption (no erotica, please).

By submitting you release the publisher of any copyright infringement that may arise from adding your entry to the publication. Furthermore, you acknowledge that this is an original work created by the submitter and that it does not infringe on any unknown parties copyright. The Publisher owns the rights to the Book and are therefore free to enter into a separate publishing agreement(s) with another Publisher(s) for the Book.

The Author extends non-exclusive rights and retains the exclusive right to authorize serial publication of the material in magazines, newspapers or novel, following the publication of the Book.

You accept that payment in full will be three (3) free books. To be paid prior to OFFICIAL release date. The publisher will notify the author in writing of the official release date. There is no royalty participation for the Book.

While we don't mean to frighten you, we can only accept ten contributions and the deadline is Oct. 31st. Email ONE selection to: bd2write@gmail.com. The selected ten will receive three free copies of the book as stated above. The blogs of the selected ten will be posted here on Nov. 5th.

*click image for source.

13 comments:

Don said...

Hold up, let me read that again. lol.

BloggersDelight said...

Do you have questions about the post, Don?

T. S. Snowden said...

aw man! I am not much of a poet! But I do have some prose tone poems that might fit the criteria...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I like your blog--this is the first time I've been over and definitely wont be the last!

Have a good weekend

www.yazmar.com

oronde ash said...

dig the old school music on the site. how you do that?

BloggersDelight said...

Your submission need not be a poem, Femigog. You mentioned once that you write science fiction also.

Welcome, Yazmar and Bygpowis. We appreciate your accolades. If you click on the music player, Bygpowis it will lead you to the website where you can create a music player. Scroll down our page a bit and you will find it.

Be well and have a Delight-ful weekend, all.

~BD

Clay Lowe said...

I like the concept, the music has my feet tapping and I feel inspired to write; what more could I ask for?

peace,
clay

*Tanyetta* said...

My first time to your blog!

I am sitting here jamming to each and every song on your playlist.

My mind is stuck on all things toddler. I need to go and put my big girl hat on. I'm going to see if I can come up with something :)

*Tanyetta* said...

p.s. will you be posting updates on how many submissions you've received so far? i noticed you mentioned there's a 10 submission limit.

Unknown said...

I don't have my google account connected to my blog, and I don't use Blogger. However I came across this page while browsing and I've enjoyed reading. I'm all about networking and connecting with other bloggers and readers as well.

Is there a non-fiction or fiction stipulation with the submission? I'd like to submit a piece.

My blog is at www.inkbutter.blogs.com

Keep up the good work over here!

BloggersDelight said...

There is no stipulation as long as it fits the theme and word count guidelines. Hurry, spots are filling up, we are getting some great submissions.

david mcmahon said...

Good luck with this wonderful venture. If you want, I'll help publicise it for you.

I should explain that I am a career journalist, bestselling novelist as well as a published photographer.

My goal is to help uncover as much creative talent as possible - all round the world.

It is my life's aim and the main aim of my blog - as you'll see from Aussiejournao's Weekly Blog Awards which are on a two-week sabbatical while I hand over my next novel to Penguin.

Good luck with the venture

Anonymous said...

This idea is SICK! Glad I peeked in here. It's been a minute. I'll find something in my file that is less erotic. Maybe I'll tighten up that bit with The Elders...