Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sought Potential

by Christoph J.

My mind is a canister filled with ink/ My thoughts take a timid dip the moment I think of my potential/ The pen is the preferred utensil/ The use of a pencil would lead to the temptation to erase the tread marks of my thoughts/ I cannot risk forgetting the lessons that I was taught/ As I climb life’s steps, I grasp the banister/ At times my pride releases my grip/ And then my canister begins to tip/ Causing my ink to slowly drip/ Drops of ink land on this paper/ With traces of my thoughts, the ink begins to taper/ Leaving behind italicized text in the form of a poem/ Its context stands on end as if it tempts me to comb through my life’s kinks/ HE thinks I shine/ Curiosity of my potential leads me to continue to climb and climb/But sometimes the hand of time refuses to shake my hand in agreement/ So I carve my name in the cement of patience/

Right now, I want you to do the same and carve your name in that same cement of patience and anticipate the continuation of this poem. Patience is indeed a virtue.

8 comments:

Kai said...

this is wonderful

Unknown said...

Thank you kai c! You're wonderful!

Xave said...

Tight shit with ends left intentionally loose ;-) I love it!

Peace and Love,

Alizé (LoversA.blogspot.com)

Unknown said...

@xavier- Thanks dude! Preshate cha!

Christooph!
http://potentpoetry.blogspot.com

CapCity said...

As Brother Zay said: that was TIGHT ... then left us readers with a challenge...not sure i'm up for it, Bruh Christoph;-)

Unknown said...

Capcity, lol, won't have to wait too long. To be continued very soon. I appreciate you comment and patience. Because patience is a virtue. This will make you a very virtuous woman. lol

Mizrepresent said...

This is very good...i so love this line:

Curiosity of my potential leads me to continue to climb and climb/But sometimes the hand of time refuses to shake my hand in agreement/ So I carve my name in the cement of patience/


me too!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! I appreciate your kind words. Glad you can relate. We all must practice patience before we make a wrong decision.